Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Budapest Travel Tips - Get The Inside Scoop

Budapest Pebbles is a loose and informal collection of tips and useful - weird - interesting info on Budapest - from an insider's point of view.

Now that I have spent more than half a year away from Budapest (in New Orleans) I have decided to go back to Budapest virtually and offer some guidance for foreigners who wish to travel to Budapest. I love Budapest, needless to say, and I also like travelling, getting to know new people and cultures - so I expect you are in the same shoes, more or less, when you are heading for Budapest. New city, new discoveries. Or maybe you are on business - just staying 24 hours in Budapest - stuck in a boring meeting, trying to find some excitement and relaxation after a long day. No matter why you are coming to Budapest or BP as it's often abbreviated by locals, you will surely find some interesting and practical tidbits, news, tips on the Budapest Blog - if not, send me your questions, (scathing or constructive) criticism, and I will try to answer ASAP. As much as my time allows while helping New Orleanians get back to normal (and more) after Hurricane Katrina. Yes, the New Orleans is still feeling the consequences of FEMA.

Besides, if you are struggling with the wealth of information about Budapest hotels, and you need a simple simple guide plus wish to stay at a good five star hotel in Budapest, I recommend the Budapest hotel comparison page (so far it only includes luxury hotels!). You'll find info on the truly centrally located hotels, some of them offering river-view, while others featuring a good spa or standing in the middle of the happening area.

I am also working on a Budapest Tourist Map (Budapest Tourist Map) - a map that I would find useful about New Orleans too - it is a spare time project so please bear with me. And really, let me know about what you liked and disliked so that the map and the site can be super informative. What's more The Best. :)

Have fun and get the best out of your Budapest stay! And don't forget: Hungarians may not be super smiling, but they are very friendly.

Anna Sebestyen

contact: BudapestPebbles [at] gmail [dot] com

No comments:

Post a Comment